Nowadays, there is a huge variety of sewing machines available for different tasks. It is essential to know that every sewing machine is designed for one or more specific tasks, so before choosing a sewing machine for any particular task, you should know which machine is perfect for this. Today we will talk about some of the best sewing machine for curtains. Any ordinary sewing machine won’t work appropriately with curtains.
That’s why some special features should have a sewing machine for curtains. If you want a sewing machine to sew curtains, you need a sewing machine that can deal with many fabrics at a time. Also, the sewing machine must have consistent workability and a large extension table. There are many computerized and mechanical machines available for sewing curtains. However, a computerized sewing machine could be perfect for you to allow more precise control and various stitches.
Table of Content:
If you are running out of time, you can click these hyperlinks below to read any specific section in a short time.
In this section, you can get a quick comparison of our selected best sewing machine around the market. To get a clear overview in a short time, check it out.
5 Best Sewing Machine for Curtains Reviews 2020
In this article, we reviewed some of the best sewing machine for curtains. These sewing machines are chosen carefully, and they are very functional as well as long-lasting. You can have them without any hesitation.
1. Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 14 Built-In Stitches
This heavy-duty sewing machine from Janome is perfect for anyone who likes to sew various fabric types with one sewing machine. It is made of cast aluminum, but it is as durable as metal. This computerized sewing machine can sew a number of thick to heavy fabric such as denim, upholstery, vinyl, polyester, and so on.
Its fastest motor and 14 built-in stitches, and a simple four-step buttonhole make it ideal for any task. Besides, its free arm and large extension table with an affordable price make it the best sewing machine for curtains and pillows. Its consistent performance and user-friendly design is the most impressive thing you love.
Moreover, If you are a beginner or a professional, it’s easy operation and precise speed control allows you to do your job with ease. You can sew pants, cuffs, and collars more conveniently with its free arm design.
Janome HD1000 Features:
- Its high-quality servo motor can sew fast and quietly, so you can sew without disturbing others at home.
- It comes with 14 built-in stitches, and most of them are practical stitches, and you can make your project more attractive.
- This computerized sewing machine needs less maintenance than any others.
- Its heavy sewing ability and easy operation with firm construction make it the perfect sewing machine for everyday use.
- It comes at an affordable price range with high-quality material construction for long-standing.
2. Brother CS5055PRW Sewing Machine, Project Runway
This Brother sewing machine is a computerized and counter level solution for any style of sewing. It can sew a wide range of fabric and the ability to add a professional quality finish to your project. It doesn’t matter what fabric you are working with; it can sew a number of thick and heavy fabric with ease.
Besides, this one comes with vast essential built-in features to make your project exceptional. You sew utility, decorative, heirloom, or any other desired stitches with this machine. Its functional LCD display has an intuitive push-button to select your stitch from built-in 50 stitches.
Moreover, it’s easy threading with an automatic needle threader for easy and convenient sewing. Its quick set bobbin top is jam-resistant. Also, it’s 5 one step, and custom-sized buttonholes can add a touch of elegance to your project.
Brother CS5055PRW Features:
- This computerized sewing machine is the perfect free-motion sewing machine available at an affordable price.
- It comes with an LCD display that can guide you to the appropriate foot for different stitches; you can also adjust your stitch’s width and length.
- This sewing machine has a wide range of fabric sewing abilities makes it very functional for a different type of project.
- It equipped with an overcasting foot and overcasting stitch can allow you to do your home dec and knit projects perfectly.
- It’s lightweight and portable construction with durable materials, which makes it easy to versatile use.
3. SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized 76 Decorative Stitches
SINGER made this unique and functional fully automotive sewing machine for the excellent outcome. It comes with tons of functional features to do any project more efficiently. You can get full control and more exceptional results with its professional quality sewing.
This sewing machine has 100 built-in stitches; you can do any stitches with your home, quilting, and crafting project. It is equipped with a functional LCD display to adjust your optimum stitch length, wide. Besides, it comes with many attractive features such as an automatic bobbin winding clutch, programmable needle, self-regulating presser foot pressure control, and many essential features to make your sewing more professional.
Moreover, its large number of fabric and any heavy or thicker fabric sewing ability makes it the best sewing machine for curtains or any other home decoration project. It also comes with many essential accessories and assembling kits.
SINGER 7258 Features:
- This sewing machine is made of a heavy-duty metal frame and a durable structure can withstand time for a long time.
- Its easy-load top drop-in bobbin system comes with a jam-resistant and clear cover to convenient bobbin thread supply.
- It has a programmable needle up and down feature to adjust, remove your fabric with ease.
- This sewing machine has an LCD display allows you to select stitch length and stitch width to sew faster and save time.
- It has a powerful speed adjustable motor with a speed control lever to adjust exactly where you need it.
4. SINGER 4423 Sewing Machine, white
This portable singer sewing machine model stands out from any other portable sewing machine for its functionality and durability. It allows users to do any kind of home décor, quilts, crafts project with ease. Its high-speed motor can sew 1100 stitches per minute. Besides, its powerful motor can sew a heavy and thicker fabric; its 60% stronger motor provides greater piercing for thick seams.
This sewing machine’s structure is made of a metal frame, and it can serve you for a long time with its durable construction. Besides, its built-in 97 sewing applications are easy to select and change with a stitch selector dial. This entry-level machine is very easy to operate, and user-friendly design is perfect for beginners.
Moreover, an easy-load top drop-in bobbin and extra high presser feet foot lift come with it to accommodate any thicker fabric easily. To make your sewing effortless and faster start, it has a needle threader.
SINGER 4423 Features:
- This one is perfect and a portable sewing machine for beginners or trainers who need to go outside with a sewing machine.
- Its heavy-duty metal construction can withstand for a long time in new condition.
- Its fastest sewing ability and built-in stitches allow you to do various projects with a professional finish.
- It comes with an easy assemble guide to save your time; besides, you can get many additional accessories in the pack.
- This affordable and user-friendly sewing machine can be used for diverse home decor and crafting projects.
5. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine Includes Exclusive Bonus Bundle
This entry-level sewing machine comes with a lot of features and a fantastic user-friendly design. This low budget sewing machine from Janome is multifunctional and very portable. It can be used for versatile purposes; with its powerful motor, you can easily sew light to heavy fabric.
Its built-in 12 stitches, dial pattern selection, and stitch length adjustment feature make its perfect sewing machine for cosplay, home decor, and curtains making. Besides, you can get a lot of exclusive bonus accessories bundled with it.
Moreover, This sewing machine comes with a free arm and drop feed for a different type of sewing. It’s lightweight and durable construction can serve you for a long time. It’s easy operation and compact size, ideal for beginners, and anyone who likes to travel with their sewing machine.
Janome 2212 Sewing Features:
- This durable and affordable sewing machine is perfect for beginners.
- Its powerful motor can sew various light to heavy fabric quickly, and a comfortable speed adjustment lever allows precise control.
- Its built-in stitches and dial pattern selection option can allow you to do your project conveniently.
- This sewing can allow you to do any diverse and complex project like a costume for cosplay, curtains, or quilting.
- Its lightweight construction and portability make this sewing machine top-rated and desirable one.
Why Should You Buy a Sewing Machine for Curtains?
Custom-made curtains can enhance any house’s beauty, and it can change the entire look of a home. Costume curtains are more expensive than regular ones. Even then, you can save by sewing your costume design curtains in your home using a sewing machine.
Sewing is a creative job; with a functional sewing machine, you can sew whatever you imagine. Many curtain ideas available on the internet. If you have a sewing machine that can sew curtains, you don’t have to spend on it. It will save your pocket; besides, you can decorate your home with the reflection of your imagination.
How to Hem Curtains With a Sewing Machine?
Ready-made curtains come in some standard sizes, but sometimes our window does not fit with this measurement. Many people think it is difficult to hem them perfectly. You should know that it is very simple and easier than you think.
You can follow this step-by-step guide to hem your curtains. At first, we will start with what you’ll need for hemming.
Tape measure, iron, ironing board, padded surface, straight pins, fabric scissors, sewing machine, thread to match your curtains.
Step 1: Hang Curtains:
First, hang the curtains in your home’s desired window to get to your curtains ’optimal length.
Step 2: Pull Curtains:
After hanging your curtains, make certain they are hanged properly without any creases. Now pull the fabric smoothly unto the floor to know the appropriate length of curtains. Again confirm that they are not pulled too tightly. Now absorb how much excess curtains you have so that you can hem your curtains nicely.
Step 3: Pin Curtains:
Now you decide how your curtains kiss, puddle, or float on the floor. After deciding, you can put straight pins where you want to hem your curtains.
Step 4: Measure Length for Sewing:
Now it’s time to tape measure to ensure that pins align evenly. You should use a perfectly leveled floor to get extract measurements. Check again, straightness and measurement.
Step 5: Fold and Iron Hem:
Now you can fold and iron your hem twice the amount. First time for double fold and the second time for the hem. Now double fold the fabric of your curtains evenly and use a pin to keep them in place. Make sure you appropriately fold and iron the double fold resolutely.
Step 6: Sew Curtains:
Now it is time to sew your curtains using a sewing machine to fix your curtains’ hem. Try to sew in the edge of the double-fold as close as possible.
Step 7: Rehang Curtains:
After finishing sewing, give a quick iron press before hanging them in place. Now you can rehang your finished curtains and check if everything is alright.
Which is Better Singer, Janome, or Brother Sewing Machine?
It is complicated to say which one is a better brand because they are renowned and reported brands for many years. You should consider that each brand has a specialty and they are very well known for it. They offer various features for different types of sewers. Let’s start with each brand so that you can understand the brand seems better for you.
Brother sewing machine is manufactured in China and Taiwan. They mainly produce a machine that easily operates and is easy to maintain. They especially manufacture sewing machines for entry-level consumers. Brother uses more plastic parts in the machine, so their machine is very portable, lower in price but slightly less sturdy and durable.
Janome is a Japanese brand. Janome is famous for its innovative design and high-quality sewing machines. They offer top quality sewing machines on a limited budget. They are also most renowned for their computerized sewing machine, including professional quality sewing in a short time and with less effort.
Singer is the most populated and trusted brand that produces sewing machines for more than a hundred years. They have a huge variety of sewing machines for different types of users. Their metal structure is well reputed for long-lasting use. They also manufactured some computerized sewing machine with great value and performance.
Wrapping It Up
In conclusion, choosing the best sewing machine for curtains is not an easy task. The huge number of sewing machines and features makes it more difficult nowadays. That’s why everyone should be more careful about choosing a perfect and functional sewing machine for home.
Many computerized sewing machines can do professional-quality sewing quickly, with their functional built and feature. We will recommend you to go for the SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized sewing machine. It has various sewing abilities and a lot of functions to make your sewing task more manageable. Its functionality and affordable price range makes it ideal for anyone.