Denim is one of the most popular and most used fabrics in the world right now. It is stylish and can be worn in any weather and regardless of the time fact. At the same time, it is comfortable to wear too. As a result, keeping these denim clothes in the wardrobe is increasing day by day. However, due to the increasing demand and high popularity, the price is sky-high.
That is why creative people may try to make it at home. For that, the best sewing machine for denim is mandatory since you cannot work with the traditional machine. If you can choose the right and best one, you will have more convenience to work and make a perfect dress for you.
Do You Need A Special Sewing Machine For Denim?
Sewing the denim fabric is not as simple as traditional fabric. For denim, you need a larger as well as sharper needle compared to other traditional needles. At the same time, since denim fabrics are thicker, it takes more power to sew smoothly. For that, a powerful motor is also required. Even some denim comes with multiple layers that a traditional sewing machine cannot handle.
You need a more sturdy and heavy-duty machine to handle that multilayer fabric. That means you need a special sewing machine to sew denim. Yes, it is possible to do some basic sewing on the thicker layer denim with the traditional machine. However, you cannot get the effectiveness and efficiency of that machine at all.
Table of Content:
Are you running out of time? If yes, then you may check out the section below to get an idea about what we have discussed below.
- Do You Need A Special Sewing Machine For Denim?
- 5 Best Sewing Machine For Denim Reviews 2020
- How To Maintain Your Sewing Machine For Denim?
- Final Thought
You should always compare some good sewing machines to get the right and best one for you. For that, you can have a look at the section below.
5 Best Sewing Machine For Denim Reviews 2020
The market is now flooded with so many sewing machine brands and models. As a result, it becomes difficult to find out the special one for denim fabric that can serve you best, especially for the newbie. So here are some suggestions for you.
1. JUKI Exceed F600 Quilt & Pro Special
JUKI Exceed computerized machine is a good sewing machine for denim you should consider for you. It comes with the box feed technology that allows you to get amazing feed performance and smoother seam. You will get beautiful and high-quality stitching even for a heavy-duty thick fabric of denim. At the same time, it reduces the shrinking and shifting when working with the lightweight fabric.
It features 16 types of buttonholes that allow you to design a variety of buttonholes for pants and shirts. You have the automated quilting stitch patterns that remove the hassle of stitching the quilt. It has automated threads and needle trimming that ensures you to focus on the project more. With its knee lifting lever, you can easily lift it up to 12mm.
The table of the machine is extra-large and width that provides you additional convenience to work with large fabric. With its heavy-duty feeding dog, you will get high-quality stitching every time. Also, you have a powerful motor as well that can easily handle the hard and thick fabric of denim and others.
JUKI Exceed F600 Features:
- The sewing machine comes with box feed technology and high-quality feeding dog for improved feeding and superior stitching.
- It features a unique sensor method that delivers up to 16 Types of buttonholes design for your shirt and pants.
- Its automated quilting stitch patterns allow you to work with the thick and heavy fabric of denim and quilt.
- You have a large sewing table that allows you to sew large things easily such as quilts or others.
- It features a powerful motor along with the knee lifting lever for even more convenience in the work.
2. SINGER Heavy Duty 4411 Easy Sewing Machine
If you are looking for the best sewing machine for denim, the SINGER Easy Sewing Machine can be a good option to consider. It comes with 69 stitch applications that allow you to use the machine for different projects. With its heavy-duty metal frame, you can get better stability when working that enables you to work with heavy-duty denim fabric or quilt.
It can be the best sewing machine for denim and canvas with its strong motor that can deliver up to 1,100 stitches per minute. You will get a fast and stable stitching every time with it. Also, it allows you to change the needle with topstitching and cording for even better workflow. With its adjustable foot pressure function, you can easily sew lightweight to heavyweight fabrics without much effort.
The machine has normal stitches, basic stitches, decorative stitches, and built-in buttonholes that make it the perfect option for the craft and other projects. Its stainless steel bedplate will deliver you additional stability and durability. You have a clear cover that makes it extremely easy to monitor the thread and bobbin.
SINGER Heavy Features:
- The sewing machine 69 stitch applications so that you can easily sew denim as well as jeans without any hassle.
- You have a high power motor for 1,100 stitches per minute to work fast and effectively.
- It features an automatic 4-Step Buttonhole along with adjustable foot pressure that allows you to work more versatilely.
- Its heavy-duty metal frame along with the stainless steel bedplate that ensures more stability and durability.
- You can easily change the needle with topstitching and cording that improves the workflow for better convenience.
3. Brother ST150HDH Sewing Machine
Brother ST150HDH Sewing Machine can be the best sewing machine for denim and leather with its ability to work with high-density fabric. It offers heavy-duty needles so that you can sew heavier fabrics including jeans and leather. With its 50 built-in utility, standard, and decorative stitches, you can get different customized stitching easily.
You will have 5 auto-size buttonholes to design that buttonholes as per the demand. It comes with the advanced needle thread along with the drop-in top bobbin to provide smoother operation. With its longer 7-point feed dogs, you have a smoother stitching experience. You have the box feed design for even better management of the large fabric.
The machine comes with 9 sewing feet and wider stitch selection to deliver wider stitching to work with more versatile fabrics. Even if you are new in this field, you can follow the instruction manual and work smoothly. With its variable speed control, you can easily achieve the desired speed to get the accuracy you need. An LCD display is there as well to see and monitor everything easily.
Brother ST150HDH Features:
- The sewing machine comes with heavy-duty needles that allow you to stitch heavyweight denim and jeans.
- It features 7-point feed dogs along with the box feed design that ensures maximum smoothness during the sewing.
- You have 50 built-in utility, standard, and decorative stitches along with 5 auto-size buttonholes for customized stitching.
- It offers a wider stitch selection and an LCD display for even more convenience and flexibility.
- You have an adjustable speed control so that you get accurate stitching by getting perfect speed.
4. SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine
SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine comes into the market to provide a variety of stitching that makes it a perfect option for multiple projects. It offers a 60% more powerful motor than a traditional machine that can deliver up to 1,100 stitches-per-minute. As a result, you can do any project faster than others.
It can be the best heavy duty sewing machine for denim with its metal frame and faster speed to stitch thicker denim fabrics. With its 110 Stitch Applications, you can work on different projects with this one machine. Even you can expand the application and capacity of the machine with its 7 Presser Feet. It has an automated needle threader that allows you to thread your machine within a second.
You have the non-stick foot so that you can work with the leather and vinyl with ease. Other than that, you will get all other necessary accessories such as zipper foot, all-purpose foot, and others. Even it has a soft-sided dust cover built-in so that it can capture the dust and prolong the lifespan of the machine.
- The sewing machine comes with a highly powerful motor that enables you to work with tough fabric with fast speed.
- It offers stainless steel bed-plate along with a heavy-duty interior metal frame for smooth stitching experience.
- You have 32 built-in stitches that allow you to work in different projects such as crafting, tailoring, and others.
- It comes with 7 Presser Feet and drops so that you can easily expand the capacity of the machine and work with large fabrics.
- You have an automated needle threader that removes the need of treading the machine manually.
5. Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
If you are looking for a good yet cheap sewing machine for denim, then you should consider the Janome 2212 Sewing Machine. It comes with 12 built-in stitches so that you can stitch denim to jeans and others with this single machine. Besides, you have the turn dial pattern selection that allows you to select the stitches without any hassle at all.
You have a four-step buttonhole as well that makes it easier to create and design buttonholes. Also, it features a stitch width adjustment as well as length adjustment that delivers maximum comfort during the stitching. Its drop feed enables you to work with the larger fabric easily. It makes it the perfect sewing machines for free motion quilting or other large denim projects too.
The machine is 110-volt that makes it perfect for home use in the USA. You have the manual tension control for even better convenience too. It features a light too to work at dark or low light. You will get reverse stitching and a 5-piece feed dog for smooth and tight stitching as well.
Janome 2212 Features:
- The sewing machine offers 12 built-in stitches along with buttonholes to work in different projects.
- It has a manual turn dial pattern that allows you to choose any stitches you want for your projects.
- You have the stitch width and length adjustment so that you can ensure perfect stitching on the denim fabric.
- It has a 5-piece drop feed dog so that you can easily expand the table to work with the larger fabrics.
- You will get a manual tension control and a light that adds even more convenience in the project.
How To Maintain Your Sewing Machine For Denim?
Getting the right machine is easier than maintaining and keeping the machine right and workable. You need to keep it right all the time to get your job done effectively and efficiently.
- You should keep your machine covered after the work to keep it away from the dust, pet hair, and dirt.
- Clean the machine with a brush or a small cloth after completing every project to keep the machine workable.
- Oil your machine before starting every project so that you can get a smoother operation all the time.
- Check all the parts every time before starting your project so that you do not face any unwanted situation in the middle of your denim project.
- Since denim fabrics are thicker compared to other fabrics, you should use a thicker and sharper needle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any more queries to ask? If yes, then you can have a look at the section below.
Can a regular sewing machine sew denim?
Well, in most of the cases, the denim is thicker than other fabrics that make it difficult for other sewing machines to smoothly stitch it. However, you can stitch lightweight and thinner denim fabric with the regular sewing machine.
Should you wash denim before sewing?
You can wash your denim before sewing if you want as it will soften the fabric and remove all the chemicals. It will help you stitch effectively and smoothly without any hassle.
What thread do you use for denim?
There is nothing fixed here to use thread for denim actually. However, it is a good practice to use a heavier thread for the denim as most of the denim fabrics are thicker and lightweight thread may not work well.
What sewing machine needle for denim?
For the denim, you should use large and sharp needs so that it can effectively stitch the denim. You can choose the 70/10 – 110/18 size and sharpest needs for the denim.
What Is The Best Brand For Sewing Machine For Denim?
There are a lot of brands available from where you can choose one. However, Juki and Singer are the best brands according to me for the sewing machine for denim.
The denim dress is popular yet expensive that leads people to make it on their own. A good sewing machine specially designed for denim will provide you the smoothness, effectiveness, and convenience to stitch the denim. At the same time, it will help you achieve the best result and make the perfect dress for you. That is why we have portrayed some good sewing machines for denim.
However, if you are not yet sure about the best sewing machine for denim, you may choose the SINGER Easy Sewing Machine. It offers you 69 stitch applications with a heavy-duty metal frame for versatility and durability. Also, you have a powerful motor and adjustable foot pressure function for faster and customized speed to work smoothly. So overall, this one can be a perfect option to get your denim project stitched next time.