Sewing machines are a great way to improve your sewing experience. They help you to complete your sewing project, whether you are a pro or a beginner. It does not mean that you need an expensive sewing machine to continue your sewing project.
Our expert team has evaluated a list of the best sewing machine under 150 without compromising its quality, material, heavy-duty functionality, and more. These highly constructed machines can stitch any fabric and design you like to sew. So, read on to discover what we have brought for you here.
What Kind of Sewing Machine Do I Need?
It is a relative question that has dependable answers. Yes, depending on your needs, which fabric you are going to sew, which design you prefer to use, you have to consider a sewing machine. You will find two types of sewing machines in the market- home model and industrial one.
There are other things associated with the query, but the machine types are more vital than others. Let’s suppose you want to sew quilt and embroidery design. A broader throat and long free arm of the sewing machine will help you out in this case. On the other hand, you might want to sew fabric that is not so hard to sew. For this purpose, your sewing machine does not need to be a heavy-duty one.
Table of Content:
The table of content will help you to understand and scan the whole article within a few seconds. You can see which topic and its subheading we have covered here.
- What Kind of Sewing Machine Do I Need?
- 5 Best Sewing Machine Under 150 Reviews 2020
- 1. FutureCharger Sewing Machine, Portable Sewing Machine Mini Sewing Machines
- 2. Brother LX3817A 17-Stitch Full-Size Aqua Sewing Machine
- 3. SINGER | Sewing Machine with 57 Stitch Applications, & Easy Stitch Selection
- 4. Portable Sewing Machine Mini Electric Household Crafting Mending Sewing Machines
- 5. Mini Sewing Machine Portable Electric Small Household Sewing Handheld Tool
- How to Properly Take Care of Sewing Machines?
- Final Thought
Our expert team has tested, read hundreds of thousands of real user reviews, and then come up with the list of best sewing machines under 150. The comparison chart will help you pick your desired sewing machine from the list that will completely fulfill your requirements.
FutureCharger Sewing Machine, Portable Sewing Machine
Brother LX3817A 17-Stitch Full-Size Aqua Sewing Machine
SINGER | Sewing Machine with 57 Stitch Applications
Portable Sewing Machine Mini Electric Household CraftingMachines
Mini Sewing Machine Portable Electric Small Household Sewing Handheld Tool
5 Best Sewing Machine Under 150 Reviews 2020
We are here to review and recommend 5 best sewing machine under 150 based on their quality, functionality, material, and more so that you don’t have to repent for your purchase. It does not matter how expensive or cheap your sewing machine is, but it matters how it can accomplish your sewing project at home or in your industry. Therefore, these sewing machines are worth buying for your uncompleted project and accelerate your sewing process.
1. FutureCharger Sewing Machine, Portable Sewing Machine Mini Sewing Machines
If you are after the best budget sewing machine, FutureCharger should be your only choice because of its multi-functional stitching system. You can move the sewing machine here to there due to its lightweight and portable feature. For thick fabric, you need a sizable operational space that it offers with its extension table.
It is a mini sewing machine in design that benefits you to reach some areas where it is difficult for a big machine. You will find it suitable for stitching collars, the hem of trousers, and so many other similar places. The multi-functional sewing machine comes with double stitch control, foot pedal, and an extension table that has made the sewing machine your go-to one at home or outside.
You can operate the mini sewing machine comfortably by powering it in two ways. A power adaptor or 4 AA batteries can operate the sewing machine. It is built with ABS high-quality material that has made it durable, sturdy, and elegant in look. Those who are a beginner in the sewing industry will find it an excellent suit for their needs.
FutureCharger Sewing Machine Features:
- It is a mini sewing machine, portable, yet handy for your sewing project to accomplish.
- The multi-functional sewing machine comes with 12 built-in stitches and 2 different speeds.
- Its portability and mini design allow you to stitch hard-to-reach areas like collars, the hem of trousers, and more.
- FutureCharger is a perfect sewing machine for adult beginners, children, or amateur.
- Its two ways power supply features allow you to power the machine with a power adaptor or 4 AA batteries.
2. Brother LX3817A 17-Stitch Full-Size Aqua Sewing Machine
Brother LX3817A, the top-rated sewing machine, comes with an instructional DVD that helps you get started. It will show you everything you need to know on how to use the device whether you are a beginner or pro, it will benefit you in many ways. You will see the sewing machine with 17 built-in stitches that allow you to sew your regular sewing projects.
Therefore, it helps you create accessories, crafts, home decor, clothes, and you can also do your basic mending with the versatile sewing machine. When you need to make buttonholes, you can use its preset auto-size buttonhole stitch feature. Not only that, but you can also create buttonholes with its 4-step and buttonhole foot.
After creating buttonholes, you can sew them with its button sewing foot. The versatile sewing machine also comes with a zipper foot and straight stitch that benefits you from sewing the zippers with any fabric. It would help if you did not worry about the trousers’ hemstitch because it has a blind hem stitch function.
Brother LX3817A Features:
- When it comes to cylindrical sewing projects like cuffs, sleeves, children’s clothing, Brother LX3817A has no alternative.
- Creating buttonholes is easier for you due to its 4-step auto-size buttonholes that come with the shipping box.
- The sewing machine provides you with a stitch selector dial that helps to stitch your desired width and fabric length.
- The versatile sewing machine is famous for its 17 built-in stitches, including blind hem, decorative, zigzag, stretch stitch, etc.
- Its automatic bobbin winder is ready to serve, and you need to push it to the right for fast, easy, and reliable.
3. SINGER | Sewing Machine with 57 Stitch Applications, & Easy Stitch Selection
Are you searching for the best affordable sewing machine for you to complete your different sewing projects? SINGER should come in handy in this situation. It comes with 65+ accessories with it that will completely meet your needs. You will discover not less than 57 stitch applications for your fast and essential sewing techniques with the machine. Easy stitch selection of the sewing machine helps you to select your desired sewing techniques and go ahead.
You can preset the stitch length and width according to your needs and start sewing that does not demand so much time. Creating and sewing the buttonholes is comfortable with the SINGER sewing machine. Do you know why it is so? The buttonhole foot will allow you to design and sew buttonholes perfectly and comfortably.
Not only that, it comes with an all-purpose foot by which you can create your desired sewing pattern as well. The easy stitching of a zipper requires a zipper foot that comes with the sewing machine. Its full metal frame has made it durable and sturdy so that it can endure any impact during your sewing project.
- Creating buttonholes is very convenient with the SINGER sewing machine.
- It comes with 57 essential techniques for different types of sewing projects.
- Its front-loading bobbin has made it easier for you to wind and insert.
- For better durability and sturdiness, its full metal construction has ensured its maximum durability.
- For a fast and straightforward sewing project, you can use its preset stitch width and length.
4. Portable Sewing Machine Mini Electric Household Crafting Mending Sewing Machines
If you are a beginner and love sewing, you need a good sewing machine for beginners. The sewing machine is only 5.39 lbs which offer you its maximum maneuverability. Therefore, even a kid finds it suitable for sewing fabric. It is also more comfortable when you store it, and you can carry the machine anywhere you want comfortably due to having a carry handle.
You can control the tightness of the stitch according to your needs. You will come across 12 built-in stitch applications of the sewing machine that will help you to sew your projects without any difficulties. When the foot presser needs to replace, you can do it comfortably because it is replaceable.
With the sewing machine, you can create practical as well as DIY things at home, including quilts, pet clothing, prom dresses, crafts, curtains, dolls, home decoration, and more. But you are limited when you consider the thickness of the sewing. It can provide you up to 2.5 mm consistency on most fabrics.
Portable Sewing Machine Features:
- You can stitch your fabric, whether it is day or night because it comes with night lighting to benefit you sew at night.
- It allows you to stitch up to 5 layers of fabric, and you can stitch with the sewing machine 2.5 mm of thickness.
- The pedal controller will enable you to control your sewing speed when you need to slow or speed.
- With its 12 built-in stitches, you are entirely free to stitch your daily sewing fabric.
- The sewing machine’s carry handle allows you to carry it quickly as it is lightweight, too.
5. Mini Sewing Machine Portable Electric Small Household Sewing Handheld Tool
Why do you need a costly sewing machine while cheap sewing machines can do all the necessary sewing projects for you? It does not matter whether you are amateur beginners or professional because the sewing machine can be a good match for both. The versatile sewing machine comes with 2 speeds and double thread that offer you a perfect sewing solution.
It should be a suitable sewing machine for you to cut trousers, modify clothes size, make small items for your kids, make clothing for your pets, and it can be used as a sewing machine for denim fabric. A household sewing machine needs to be lightweight and portable. To meet this need, it is light and has a carry handle on the top of the device so that you can carry anywhere.
The sewing machine’s anti-slip bottom pad prevents it from sliding and keeping in place while sewing with it. It’s the coating of piano lacquer that does not allow the engine to look old. After many years of use, you will find it as new as it was. Also, its high-quality ABS material makes the machine durable and robust.
Mini Sewing Machine Features:
- It is only 5.39 pounds, so it is very maneuverable and perfect for amateur beginners.
- Eco-friendly ABS material and the piano lacquer coating have made it durable, sturdy, and new-looking all time.
- You can power the sewing machine in two ways, including a power adaptor or 4 AA batteries.
- The versatile sewing machine comes with 12 built-in stitch applications that allow you to meet your daily sewing needs.
- It benefits you to stitch fabric from your kid’s clothing to making pillows and quilts.
How to Properly Take Care of Sewing Machines?
When it comes to taking care of your favorite sewing machine that you use every day or once a while, you have to regularly consider changing its needle, covering it, removing dust and lint, and much more. You might also know that routine maintenance and taking care regularly will add extra life to your sewing machine.
However, through this article, I would like to share some tips that I strongly follow so that you can take care of your sewing machine properly. So, without making it more descriptive, we should start knowing and sharing these tips and tricks on adequately taking care of your sewing machine.
Use a cover:
You know that dust and other potentially harmful elements in the air can cause significant damage to your sewing machine. Not only your sewing machine but also other machines are vulnerable to dust, mites, and other particles in the air.
Unplugging the sewing machine after each use should be beneficial and does not allow any accident. You can use a cosmetic brush to accomplish the task.
Change the needle:
Changing needles should be another critical, regular task for you if you want to keep your sewing machine in good condition. For that purpose, you should consider how many times you have used the needle. Otherwise, it will create an unwanted thread loop that will ruin your sewing project.
If you want worry-free and looped-threaded free sewing on any project, you should change the needle after using it for eight hours. The better the needle’s condition, the better you can sew with your sewing machine.
You should use high-quality thread to avoid building up lint. Also, you can remove the built-up lint after each use. It would help if you cleaned the machine thoroughly so that there is no chance to build up lint inside the machine.
It will be better for you to use compressed air to remove all the lints inside the machine. You can’t reach the hard-to-reach areas of the device and remove lint from them.
Oiling the machine:
Like other machines out there, you can also oil your sewing machine so that it can keep in good operation. As you oil to other devices for better functionality, you need to oil your sewing machine too.
You have to purchase sewing machine oil from your nearest shop or online. You might know that oil for sewing machines is manufactured, mainly just for the sewing machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
To increase your knowledge of the related topic, you should learn more from the below questions. These frequently asked questions will help you better understand the issue and benefit you from choosing the best sewing machine for you.
Are brother or Singer sewing machines better?
Both Brother and Singer manufacture good sewing machines for beginners, especially who are on a tight budget. But their quality and functionality are not compromising. So, you can choose their sewing machine for your needs.
Is a sewing machine hard to use?
Sewing machines are not hard to use because most modern sewing machines come with so many beneficial features. Also, the preset stitching features of them help you to stitch your daily projects.
How long do sewing machines last?
Depending on your routine maintenance and care, your sewing machine can last differently. If you can take better care of your sewing machine, it will last more than others.
How often should you have your sewing machine serviced?
You need your sewing machine serviced at least once a year. But you might need to service your sewing machine more than this frequency based on the sewing machine’s condition.
So, you are in search of the best sewing machine under 150 because of your tight-budget, right? All the sewing machines we have shared here with their description and features are worth purchasing. Still, if you have any confusion about selecting yours, we can cover you.
We recommend you to end up buying Brother LX3817A because of its functionality, beneficial features, and durability. It comes with 4-step auto-size buttonholes that allow you to make buttonholes easily. Also, 17 built-in stitches help you to preset your desired width and length of sewing your fabric.